Online Reputation

For my Online Reputation assignment I have been looking into Erin Swearingen. The first step I took was to simply type her name into googles search engine. The first thing that popped up was her Facebook page. Erin's cover page was a photo of her with a six other girls all wearing formal dresses. This was the first clue to me that she was in a sorority. There aren't very many opportunities to wear pretty formal dresses here in Logan besides Greek parties. It was also a tip off that all the girls with her seemed to be around the same age and really close.
This suspicion became even more concrete as I scrolled down her Facebook page a little further and found a post about supporting her Kappa Delta Chapter. The post was encouraging Erin's followers to purchase their spring shamrock T shirt on this website with the proceeds going towards helping end the cycle of child abuse. This showed me that Erin obviously has a special place in her heart for service and helping out those in need. 
Facebook also displayed a notification that Erin had recently started a new job at Reflections inside out. More specifically she  was working as a social media campaign manager. Knowing she's taking this class and seeing on her Facebook bio that she is majoring in communications and marketing this information lead me to believe she wants to work in some sort of social media marketing long term. 
As I continued looking at Erin's Facebook page I saw a super cute photo of two people kissing, it was obviously an engagement photo. At first I thought it was Erin which lead me to believe she had recently gotten engaged but as I read the caption I saw that Erin was actually the photographer. This made some of the nature photographs on her page make a little bit more sense and reinforced her passion for photography.  

The last piece of information I receive from Erin's Facebook page was her relationship status. Her bio stated that she was in a relationship with Riley Burke Other than the relationship status post I couldn't find much else to confirm her relationship on Facebook. She didn't have many photographs of the two of them but Riley did have a video of Erin taking the previous engagement photos which validated their relationship. 
I Then went back to my original search to try and find some other sources besides Facebook. I wasn't finding much else that was actually Erin so I updated the search to Erin Swearingen Logan Utah. This was super helpful. I found a blog post by the Betta Delta Chapter at Utah State University highlighting the chapters officers and found our Erin was actually the president of the Kappa Delta chapter. 
Going back to my main search page I found Erin's Linked in page. this page again validated her membership in Kappa Delta and the fact that she was the current president. Her LinkedIn profile also validated her schooling as majoring in communications, marketing, and Spanish. 
It has been super interesting to learn more about Erin and discover just how much you can find out about a person by looking them up online. It's made me very curious to see what kinds of things the person assigned to me for this assignment will be able to find! 

Comments

  1. Who knew I had so much out there about me! Great job on all of it and I am glad that my life is truly portrayed how it is in real life on Social Media as well!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Reflection on Social Media Case 1: McDStories

Reflection on Social Media Case 12: United Breaks Guitars

Social Media Change